Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Quick Update!

   Over the few years I have been performing in South Florida, I have noticed that restaurants always seem to have a small magazine rack, near the hostess station that features restaurants and things to do in the area. Usually, the magazine is an offering by the local Chamber of Commerce or a similar agency and it features ads that are purchased by the advertisers for a small fee. Because the magazines are always free, and they are offered at every restaurant and Doctor's office within five to twenty miles of the area, the distribution (number of potential views) is pretty large.
   This past weekent, I happened to notice a new magazine which I had not seen before called, "My City Eats and Entertainment." It is published in Orlando, but there are apparently local versions for Fort Lauderdale, Miami and other Florida cities. The one I picked up features the Ft. lauderdale area. This one is an excellent source of potential clients! I was able to grab contact information for 32 potential clients. I got busy last night and sent emails to most of them. They all had websites, but some had a "form email" contact page, so I will call those today. I sent an email to all of the ones who had a real email address.
   Recently, I created an Excel spreadsheet with some basic columns, like, "Potential Client", "Date of Initial Contact", "Method of Contact", "Follow Up Date", etc. I use this to track my marketing efforts. It is a low budget (free) CRM (customer relationship management) tool and it will allow me to track my contacts and to see what methods of advertising work and which ones don't work for my area. If you are interested in the spreadsheet I use and you're not good with Microsoft Excel, send me an email (rickcombs1@yahoo.com) and I will send you a blank version of it to use for yourself.
   I just downloaded my copy of Dub Turbo. I am not a techie guy, but this software is super-user friendly. I was literally creating beats and music beds within 30 minutes. The instructional videos are really easy to understand and the sound is amazing. If you are thinking about buying beats or one of the more expensive software packages, check out the info page for Dub Turbo (see below). This one is definitely worth the 39 Bucks!

Make your own Beats for less than the cost of buying one song!


Click the link below!


No comments:

Post a Comment